- The largest standard product range of DIN dimensions from stock
- All-rounder with minimal wear
- Suitable for contact with food
- Operating temperature: from -40°C up to +80°C
- Ring and cage material: xirodur® B180
- Ball material: glass
xiros® deep groove ball bearings xirodur® B180, cost-effective all-rounder, glass balls
xirodur® B180 | The all-rounder
The widest range of polymer ball bearing applications is covered by xirodur® B180. This material is seen as an all-rounder. In addition to its high wear resistance, the material offers good chemical and medium temperature resistance. The mechanical specifications are a good combination of hardness and flexibility. In addition to the fact that it is the most cost-effective standard material, igus® also offers the largest range of DIN dimensions with xirodur® B180 and a cage made of xirodur® B180. This combination of materials also has FDA conformity.
Typical application areas:
- Food industry
- Medical industry
- Underwater applications
When to use it?
- When I need an economical all-rounder
- If the application temperatures are between -40°C and +80°C
- When the application is underwater
When not to use it?
- If application temperatures are permanently below -40°C or above +80°C ▷ xirodur® A500
- When high chemical resistance is required at temperatures up to +60°C ▷ xirodur® C160
- If antistatic conductivity is required ▷ xirodur® F180
- If the material has to meet USP Class VI and DIN EN ISO 10993 ▷ xirodur® MT180
Tolerances and measurement system:
the tolerances for the inner and outer diameter depend on the installation size. These are often approx. ±0.05mm to the nominal size. The bearing rings are usually injection moulded and naturally have a certain ovality. Therefore, the caliper is used to measure 90° to the injection point (if available) over the entire width of the bearing. The dimensions and tolerances are designed in such a way that they fulfil a slight press-fit by hand when using a H7 holder and h6 shaft. An additional locating spigot using a circlip (shaft) and snap ring (housing) is recommended to prevent axial displacement.
1. Housing (tolerance H7)
2. Front (balls visible)
3. Rear (cage visible)
4. Press-fit the ball bearing, front side first
5. Install shaft (tolerance h6) with chamfer
6. A locating spigot must be provided